Cambodia's tourist e-Visa scheme has been reintroduced
According to the official Cambodia Government e-Visa site at https://evisa.gov.kh/, and will be available starting today, October 19th.
According to the website, ‘Cambodia e-Visa is pleased to announce that the electronic visa certificate service ‘Visa T’ for tourists is now reopen for application as of October 19th 2021.’
The following are the terms and conditions
- Fee: USD $30 plus a $6 processing fee
- Validity for entry into Cambodia: 3 months
- Arrival period: 30 days
- Application Processing Time: 3 Days
To apply, you must first reserve a room at an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel:
- Phnom Penh Courtyard by Marriott
- Hotel & Residence Sokha Phnom Penh
- Le Royal Raffles Hotel in Phnom Penh
- 7 days if fully vaccinated
- 14 days if not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated
If fully vaccinated, Forte COVID-19 Insurance Policy + Vaccination Card/Certificate
The news is a significant step toward reopening Cambodia – the suspension of the Tourist e-Visa scheme effectively crippled Cambodia’s once-thriving tourism sector.
However, it appears that citizens of some countries, including the United States and EU member states, are unable to apply at this time. This could be a problem with the website or a country exclusion policy.
This is a breaking story, and there will be more to come.