Top Rated Kep Tour Packages. Get the best deals on Kep tour packages from Asia for Holiday. Say goodbye to your overpriced tour packages and enjoy our budget-friendly packages. Discover the best of Cambodia with Asia for Holiday's Kep tour packages. Enjoy your Kep holiday to the fullest!
Tourist Attractions in Kep - Kep Tours
Kep is a small and quiet beach town in Cambodia. It’s ideal for guests who prefer to take it easy, as there isn’t much to do in the area in the way of entertainment options. However, if you enjoy seafood, sunsets, and hiking, Kep is the destination for you.
Many accommodation options are available in this idyllic seaside city, but most tourists only stay one night before moving on to Kampot or Phnom Penh. However, there are plenty of reasons why people should consider staying longer than just enjoying the food!
We’ve put together a list of things that make Kep such an amazing destination and we’re sure that once you know about them, you’ll be booking your ticket right away! If not now at least when next visiting Cambodia!
Kep City is a Gem!
The seaside resort of Kep boasts an unwinded and relaxed environment and several points of interest, both man-made and natural.
Developed by the French at the beginning of the 20th century, much of the architecture here harks back to the colonial era; today, just the outsides remain, considering that the town was evacuated and robbed during the time of the Khmer Rouge.
The surrounding national park has a variety of walking trails, and the seafood restaurants along the beach are the perfect place to unwind after a day out searching for butterflies and scaling the interior hills of Kep.
A visit to Kep is a must
Boasting lashings of appeal, the country's finest seafood, a nice stretch of sand, and beautiful countryside.
Let's find the concealed gems of Kep together!
Things to Do and See in Kep
It’s ideal for guests who prefer to take it easy, as there isn’t much to do in the area in the way of entertainment options. However, if you enjoy seafood, sunsets, and hiking, Kep is the destination for you.
It’s approximately a 40-minute tuk-tuk or moto-taxi ride away from Kampot, making it an excellent day trip destination. However, there are several lodging alternatives, notably resort-style bungalows, and there is still enough to do in this area to justify a longer visit.
Visiting Kep for the cuisine alone is worthwhile; the town offers a surprising amount of options when it comes to eateries, and it is particularly well-known for its fresh seafood.
Take a Stroll
- Stroll along the wide boardwalk, ignoring the waves, stopping at The Crab Market or one of the cafes near the pier to relax in hammocks and gaze out at sea.
Visit a Pepper Farms
- La Plantation offers free day-to-day tours of its farm, which grows a variety of premium peppers that are sold around the world.
- Kep was the location to be seen throughout Cambodia’s Golden Age of the 1950s and ’60s. By scheduling for the country’s high-flyers, the town was dotted with stunning minimalist rental properties.
- The area’s world-famous pepper usually implies that its first-rate salt is overlooked. A series of salt fields can be found on the road from Kep to Kampot, close to the sea. Water swamps the fields, which are then obstructed so the water can vaporize to expose the salt crystals.
- Rabbit Island, also known as Koh Tonsay, is about a 20-minute boat ride from Kep. With a boasting rustic life, the small beach is lined by food shacks and wood bungalows. Features are standard on the island, so don’t expect any high-end.
Go Horse Riding
- An enjoyable way to check out Kep’s unblemished countryside is on horseback. Variety de la Plantation places on private half-and full-day treks that take in meditation temples, pieces of the national park, paddies, and the beach.
- Knai Bang Chatt’s Sailing Club is the place to be for sunrise.
Where to Eat in Kep, Cambodia
The sunsets are remarkable, as is the food – anticipate an abundance of fresh prawn, steamed shrimp, fried squid, and the popular Crab with Local Pepper (sold at any of the coffee shops at the Crab Market over the ocean) will have the foodies amongst you in raptures!
Part of the resort Knai Bang Chatt
Kimly Seafood Restaurant
Located at the waterfront crab market
The Secret by Veranda Natural Resort
Open-air restaurant with a spectacular view of the Gulf of Thailand
You may find it in crab market
Where To Stay in Kep
Regardless of Kep being quiet, there is a whole load of lodging choices to choose from.
The accommodation is ranging from the budget plan (Tree Top Bungalows offer 21 wooden cottages and 2 tree leading houses on a big fruit farm from $5 – $25 a night, and the sociable Kepmandou from $3 a night) to (a great deal) at high-end, such as Veranda Natural Resort – a unique nature retreat nestled in a quiet hillside, with high-end private cottages.
How to Get to Kep
- From Phnom Penh (3-5 hours): Buses leave the city two times daily, at around 7 am and 1 pm. Some buses go through Kampot.
- From Kampot (30-45 minutes): Only 25km away, this journey needs to take 30-45minutes and is paved and smooth. A good one to travel by motorbike.
Fun Facts of Kep
The greatest things to do in Siem Reap reveal that there’s more to this charming town besides visiting the renowned Angkor Wat temple ruins.
5 Stars Rated Destination
Frequently Asked Questions About Kep Cambodia
How do I get to Rabbit Island Cambodia?
Rabbit Island is only 4.5 km from Kep and just 20 minutes away by boat.
You can set up a return trip from your hotel in Kep. Tickets cost $7 for a day return and $10 for a period return if you’re going to stay on the island.
What are the best outside activities in Kep?
- Kep National Park
- Koh Tonsay (Rabbit Island)
- Kep Butterfly Farm
- Phnom Kampong Trach Cave
- Kep Beach
How Long is Kep Beach?
The once-poor Kep beach is now brimming with snow-white sand from Otres Beach and has been expanded to a length of 50 meters. However, the major beach is located on the beautiful Koh Tonsay (Rabbit Island, 20 minutes by long tail boat) just off the shore, which is accessible only by long tail boat.
Can you stay on Rabbit Island?
When scheduling Rabbit Island Glamping, keep in mind that you’re reserving an outdoor getaway without all of the normal comforts of an electric-powered house. It’s still camping!
Visit Kep During The Right Season
Travel Experience in Kep based on the season
It’s finally spring! (March through May)
It’s a combination of humidity and temperature that gives this season a warm vibe. From 90.6°F to 89°F (32.6% to 31.7°C), with comparable temperatures in the subsequent months.
Seven to twelve days of substantial precipitation are expected in a given month. As the second busiest season for tourism, spring is a great time to visit.
It’s summertime (June through August)
It’s a fabulous moment of the year to be in the middle of the year since the weather is bright and the temperatures are nice. There are 14 to 17 days of rain each month in these months.
Kep’s tourist season runs from June to August. Thus hotels and other accommodations may be a bit cheaper at that time.
There will be a change of (September through November)
Highs in the fall range from 88.5°F (31.4°C) to 85.3°F (29.6°C), which will be extremely comfortable given the humidity and breeze. Ten to 19 days each month, it rains or snows heavily.
As a result of the weather, tourism is at its lowest during these months, making hotels more affordable.
There will be a winter (December through February)
Kep’s weather at this time of year is ideal for warm-weather tourists. During this time, the average temperature ranges from 89°F (31.7°C) to 86.5°F (30.3°C). One to four times a month, it rains or snows. These are the busiest seasons of the year for tourists.