This post is a collection of questions travelers ask us before they go on their first trip to Cambodia.
Since the pandemic occurred, Cambodia had applied the lockdown measure for the whole country for a while but reopened the country back for travelers firstly in Sihanoukville in November 2021.
And now fully reopen the whole country to welcome tourists back in late December 2021.
Cambodia is open, and Cambodia is safe. Our vaccinations and rapid tests are state of the art and will keep you safe while you’re here – no quarantine means more time to explore.
Cambodia has administered at least 31,218,844 doses of COVID vaccines so far.
Assuming every person needs 2 doses, that’s enough to have vaccinated about 94.7% of the country’s population. Since last week, the government has advised its citizens to seek a booster dose at a nearby state clinic.
In order to apply this measure safely, only fully vaccinated travelers can visit Cambodia without quarantine, and they are required to provide evidence of a negative PCR test conducted no longer than 72 hours prior to travel, as well as conducting a rapid test at the airport.
Rapid testing at the airport is free of charge.
Do tourists need to buy COVID-19 insurance at the airport?
COVID-19 Purchase Insurance is not required at the airport but is only recommended by the government. It is entirely up to the tourists.
Cambodia’s government and Tourism Ministry have advised visitors to allow a day before departure to conduct PCR tests or Rapid Tests (ART/RDT), as the results will be available within 24 hours.
Why PCR Test?
Most countries will only accept a PCR test certificate from each traveler who has been in the country for less than 72 hours to gain entry.
Those who do not comply will not be allowed to board the plane, according to the airline.
The PCR test and certificate cost USD130 per person, and the results are available within 24 hours.
Why Rapid (rdt/art) Test?
Rapid test is currently accepted in only three countries. Japan, Singapore, and France are among them.
The rapid test and certificate cost USD 30 per test per person, and the results are available in 15 minutes.
Normal travel is permitted if a rapid test result for a negative Covid-19 is collected. Passengers who have not been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will be quarantined for 14 days for follow-up and medical examination.
* If the rapid test yields a positive result for COVID-19, affected travelers must undergo a PCR test to confirm infection and sequencing to determine the type of virus and must be isolated by doing the following:
- All foreigners who come to the Kingdom of Cambodia are allowed to be treated at the hotel or residence or the place of their choice without having to go to the hospital or Covid-19 Medical Center.
- For Cambodians, both foreigners and locals must undergo home treatment, as in the case of Covid-19 Alpha or Data patients, in accordance with standard operating procedures for the management, care, and treatment of patients. If there are health risk factors, patients may choose to seek treatment at a public or private Covid-19 hospital or clinic that is licensed to treat Covid-19.
- For Covid-19 Omicron patients, foreigners, or Cambodians who are being treated in Covid-19 hospital or treatment center, if they wish to leave for home or hotel treatment, they are allowed to leave with effect from last night, January 21, 2022.
If the patient has an appropriate house, he or she can stay for treatment with the exception of the family and must adhere to the standard operating procedures for the management, care, and treatment of Covid-19 patients at home, with the collaboration of reporting to the local authorities.
Cambodia receives several flights per day from various destinations at both Phnom Penh, and Siem Reap International Airports, including:
Phnom Penh International Airport
- SINGAPORE : 2 flights a day,
- GUANGZHOU (CAN),
- HO CHI MINH
Siem Reap International Airport
- SINGAPORE and BANGKOK: 1 flight a day,